The American Stroke Association reports on a son who invents stroke equipment, like the adjustable thumb Froomsplint, so that mom can live a normal life. I had the opportunity to interview Mr. Robert Froom: BRAIN BLOGGER (Tony): Greetings Bloggers. Today we welcome Robert Keith Froom to our anti-stigmatization forum. Hello Keith and welcome.
The tragedies of Columbine and similar incidents have led to impassioned calls for increased mental health services for children and adolescents. While there is little doubt that increases are needed and long overdue, this focus alone overlooks an important fact. Even when services are available, children and their parents often fail to make use of them. Although research has revealed that nearly one in five adolescents experience a psychiatric problem, most, including those who acknowledge and express concern about those problems, do not seek professional help.
- Caffeine Increases Memory for Humans and Honeybees
- Is the Perception of Orientation Affected By Language?
- Electronic Devices Are Unlikely To Cause Cancer
- Personal Experience in Labeling Borderline Personality Disorder
- Change on the Horizon for Psychiatric Medicine